Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chupacabra by Roland Smith


I chose to do my report on Chupacabra, a science-fiction thriller by Roland Smith. The copy right date is October 2013. It the third installment of the Cryptid Hunters series that started in 2004.
When Marty O'Hara receives word that his once thought twin, Grace Wolfe, was captured by her Grandfather and brought to his private estate. Grace's Grandfather is a billionaire who wrought his fortune by building a series of  "zoo's" filled with the rarest animals in the world. Noah Blackwood (Grace's Grandfather) appears to be a wildlife conservationist, but actually poaches animals for his zoos. I think that the theme of the book is that family is more important than anything.
    The story is told from the perspective of many main characters. The book is marketed to teen readers. I think the general genre would be science fiction and the book fits in to this because it is about science and technology that do not currently exist.
    The author writes in a style that creates a lot of suspense, and I think this is effective for the marked audience. I don't think that this book effected me much, and certainly did not change my world view. This book reminded me of other books from the same author.
   This a good book was an enjoyable, however I would only recommend it to people who had started the series when it first came out.


JOSHUA WRIGHT
11/10/2013
**** FOUR STARS



No comments:

Post a Comment