Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The House of Hades - Rick Riordian

 
The House of Hades

The house of hades was written by Rick Riordan and the published by Hyperion Books.  The House of hades is a follow up to the book the Mark of Athena.  In the book, the 7 heroes Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, frank Leo, and Hazel are trying to get Percy and Annabeth out of Tartarus.  To me, the theme of the book is; If you try hard enough, anything is possible.  I think this is the theme because they didn't think it was possible to get Percy and Annabeth out of Tartarus, but they worked hard and developed a plan and it worked.
 
This story is, as I said earlier a follow up to the previous book Mark of Athena.  This story is told from an Third person alternative Point of View.  Using the Third person alternative point of view the reader can tell and understand what all of the characters are thinking.  As shown when Percy and Annabeth are in Tartarus as they are through most of the book, you can understand what they are thinking and also what the other members of the crew are thinking at the same time.  The POV switches of every chapter.  The book really appealed to me so I think the target audience for this book would be teens and young adults.  My reasoning to this is, he uses some teen and mature audience references.  He also uses the occasional "bad word" like damn but used in the other word but with the same intent like "dam" to keep it still "G" rating.  
 
This book didn't completely effect my reasoning and my beliefs partially because its not actually a real concept.  But there was still a theme in the book, to me the theme was "If you try hard, anything is possible".  My reasoning to this theme is, in the book them falling into Tarturs symbolizes hopeless but when they overcome this this is showing that anything is possible.  One of my favorite things about this book is that its not really alike any other books that I've read.  Now some people have copied the style of using fake/ fantasy things in a real world situation.
 
My review of this book would have to be pretty good, but not as good as some of his other books.  This book lacked some of action towards the begging of the book.  But towards the end of the book the action increased and it kept me hooked.  So my only complaint about this book would have to be that the lack of action in the begging of this book and how it didn't completely hook me like some of his other books.  But over all it was a great book.


David Simmons
11/6/2013
Rating   ***** 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment