Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Asylum By: Madeleine Roux -Michael Shapiro

This 6 weeks I read Asylum by Madeleine Roux. Asylum is a rather new book seeing as how it was published just this year, 2013. It is an adventure mystery involving 3 college students, Dan, Abby, and Jordan. These students, primarily Dan and Abby, have a deep interest in what happened at the old asylum where they are attending a college readiness program. They will never expect what the asylum had in store for them.

The story is told in a first person point of view. It is told through the eyes of Dan. The plot is two students, Dan and Abby, trying to find out what happened at the old asylum where they are staying. The intended audience is someone who likes a book that takes you on an adventure. The book is of the genera adventure mystery and fits this category because of how it takes the reader on an adventure of the old asylum and solves mystery cases of murder.The author kept me interested in the book by her well developed characters and all the events that just keep you wanting more. The author has a very mysterious style which is effective for the intended audience.

The book effected me by making me want more and more. When I would stop reading to do something I would later find myself right back where I was reading and reading some more. Asylum did change some of my views on the world because as it is I feel like mysterious things are happening all around me and the book made me think about them more in depth... which isn't exactly a good thing. It was like no book I have read before in my life.

The book Asylum is a really good book. I suggest to anyone who enjoys a good adventure mystery make sure to read this amazing book.

Michael Shapiro
12/18/13
Rating: ****.5  4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment